Armed with more muscle, a redesigned exterior, a new AMG all-wheel-drive system and an "S-Model" option for even greater power and exclusivity, AMG's newest expression of the legendary E-Class re-sets the luxury-performance standard at a blistering pace.
In the new 2014 E63 AMG, Mercedes-AMG has done more than unveil the quickest and most powerful E-Class yet. It has engineered vehicles that will leave would-be competitors in its wake. Behind a new "twin-blade" front grille forming the centerpiece of a redesigned exterior, the hand-built 5.5-liter BiTurbo V8 AMG engine now transfers its prodigious power to all four wheels, courtesy of a new AMG 4MATIC all-wheel-drive system engineered specifically for performance. Meanwhile, a reimagined cabin featuring new front sport seats, a new AMG instrument cluster and a new AMG-specific analog clock with styling by IWC creates an atmosphere that's equal parts race-worthy and refined.
For those seeking an even higher degree of exhilaration and exclusivity, AMG has developed an all-new "S-Model" variant in Sedan and Wagon form. In the performance department, an elevated power curve with additional horsepower, a boost in top speed and a zero-to-sixty time unmatched by virtually any other car on the road are accompanied by a limited-slip rear differential for more grip during acceleration. On the style front,
S-Model vehicles receive distinctive exterior design features like front apron trim in high-gloss black, 10-spoke AMG Matte Titanium Grey wheels, red brake calipers and "S" trunk badging. Inside, details including AMG-embossed front head restraints, contrast stitching and Alcantara® wrapped steering-wheel grips put S-Model vehicles in a handcrafted league all their own.
The new 2014 E63 AMG models arrive on U.S. shores this summer.
- Redesigned exterior featuring all-LED headlamps and AMG "twin-blade" front grill with central Three-Pointed Star
- New, optional "S-Model" variant including power increase and limited-slip differential, plus exclusive 10-spoke wheels and design elements
- Hand-built 5.5-liter BiTurbo V-8 AMG engine
- Base models: 550 hp, 531 lb-ft of torque, 0-60 mph in 3.6 sec†
- S-Model vehicles: 577 hp, 590 lb-ft of torque, 0-60 mph in 3.5 sec (Sedan) and 3.6 sec (Wagon)†
- New, high-performance AMG 4Matic all-wheel-drive technology
- AMG SPEEDSHIFT MCT 7-speed sports transmission with four selectable driving modes
- AMG Adaptive sport suspension
- AMG high-performance braking system
- Electromechanical AMG sports speed-sensitive steering
- Optional 14-speaker Bang & Olufsen BeoSound AMG high-end surround-sound system
- Available AMG carbon ceramic high-performance braking system for S-Model vehicles