The SLR McLaren Roadster
Shoulder to shoulder in the company of supercars.
Only one car in the world combines Mercedes-Benz style, McLaren Formula 1 technology, and AMG performance. With one push of the button, it possesses you like nothing else. This is the SLR.
Called the "Greatest Car Ever Built" by one automotive journalist, the SLR represents the absolute pinnacle of what's possible in a sports car. And now, with its retractable roof, the SLR McLaren Roadster proclaims it to the skies.
Exclusive to the SLR
- Hand-built supercharged V-8, perfectly balanced mid-engine
- Body shell and chassis made entirely from high-strength carbon fiber composites
- Swing-wing doors that swing both forwards and upwards in a wide angle
- Formula 1-inspired arrow-shaped nose and twin-fin front spoiler
- Massive side gills that ventilate the engine compartment
- Electrohydraulic braking system with carbon fiber reinforced lightweight ceramic brakes
- 4-position AIRBRAKE that provides increased braking power and stability when braking from high speeds
Total displacement: 5,439 cc
Horsepower: 617 at 6,500 rpm
Torque: 575 lb-ft at 3,200 - 5,000 rpm
Acceleration: 0 - 62 mph in 3.8 seconds
Top speed: 206 mph
Wheels, front: 9.0 x 19
Wheels, rear: 11.5 x 19
High-performance tires, front: 255/35 R19
High-performance tires, rear: 295/30 R19
An interior that oozes the essence of sport
- Body-contoured carbon fiber sport seats
- Sport steering wheel with fingertip shift controls
- Starter button that glows red when the key is inserted
- Matte chrome instrument panel for speed, tachometer, coolant temperature, and fuel
- Premium leather on dash, console, doors, armrests, and rear cabin panels
The 2008 SLR McLaren Roadster
One of the world's most lusted-after supercars, embodying Formula 1 technology, AMG performance, and Mercedes-Benz style.