Genuine Mercedes-Benz Parts
Keep it Genuine
You drive a Mercedes-Benz because you expect the best. When your vehicle requires maintenance or repair, be sure to accept nothing less than the dependable fit and quality of Genuine Mercedes-Benz parts. Keeping it genuine means protecting your investment and continuing to experience all the performance, style, comfort, and safety you expect from your Mercedes-Benz.
Quite simply, you cannot feel secure about maintaining the value of your Mercedes-Benz unless you insist on Genuine Mercedes-Benz Parts.
What distinguishes Genuine Mercedes-Benz parts from the rest?
- Only Genuine Mercedes-Benz parts are designed and tested by the same people who built your Mercedes-Benz
- Mercedes-Benz invests heavily in the tooling and equipment needed to produce the replacement parts for your vehicle.
- Only Mercedes-Benz branded parts can guarantee a precisely engineered fit and finish.
Take a look at an oil change, for example. A "quick lube" may include an oil filter that may not have been specifically designed for your vehicle. When subjected to testing, only genuine Mercedes-Benz oil filters are shown to last longer, demonstrate better filtration, and maintain their form when subjected to the pressure of your high performance engine. More dirt and debris passing through an inferior aftermarket oil filter may cause significant damage to the engine and result in costly repairs over the long term.
When you choose Genuine Mercedes-Benz Parts, you also enjoy the reassurance that comes with our Parts Limited Warranty.
Oil, Air, and Fuel Filters
They're not just filters. They're essential components that drive the performance and longevity of your vehicle by preventing harmful contaminants from damaging your engine. The proper care and maintenance of your vehicle must include the use of nothing but Genuine Mercedes-Benz oil, air, and fuel filters.
- Our oil, air, and fuel filters are not imitations. They are the true replacement parts that were designed to the exact specifications of your vehicle.
- The materials and processes used in the manufacture of our filters are of the highest quality, no compromises or shortcuts have been made.
- Genuine Mercedes-Benz filters withstand heat, pressure, and moisture better than off-brands which may not have been subjected to durability testing.
General Care Tips
- Have filters inspected and replaced as recommended during your A- and B-service by Mercedes-Benz trained technicians.
- Expect fuel filters to be replaced less often, and air and oil filters more frequently. Refer to your vehicle owners manual or consult with your Mercedes-Benz service advisor for more information
Fleece Oil Filter
The use of a Genuine Mercedes-Benz Fleece Oil Filter helps ensure optimum engine lubrication and maximized fuel efficiency. Hazardous dirt particles, as small as 0.005 mm are filtered out consistently and at very high filtration rates. As a result, clean oil is fed to the engine, thereby considerably extending its service life.
Further advantages to using Genuine Mercedes-Benz fleece oil filter include:
- The ability to absorb 20% more dirt than a conventional paper filters
Fleece Oil Filter
- A highly durable filter medium that helps protect against material degradation in difficult operating conditions (e.g. high temperatures, short-distance operation, etc.)
- Easy servicing and ensured installation that can prevent problems like interior leakage that may occur when using copied parts
- Environmental compatibility to make optimum recycling of the materials possible
Mercedes-Benz Air Filters have a high-filtration efficiency that allows them to retain dust and dirt particles as small as a few thousandths of a millimeter, helping to ensure that clean air reaches the engine combustion chambers and protects the engine.
Further advantages of the Mercedes-Benz Air Filter include:
- Optimum clean-air intake, high dirt absorption capacity, and high mechanical strength
- A design that allows for the whole surface area of the filter to be available for absorptions and extends the life of the filter
Cabin Air Filter
Mercedes-Benz Cabin Air Filters protect the vehicle's occupants from pollen and irritating air pollutants. This filter consists of two layers, the first of which is made of coarse fibers that filter out large particles such as dust and pollen. The second layer is made from a micro-fiber material that is electro-statically charged so it can help prevent some exhaust particulates, spore, and bacteria from entering the cabin.
Mercedes-Benz Cabin Air Filters not only protect the vehicles occupants, they also help provide reliable protection for the vehicle's heating, ventilation, and climate control systems.
Cabin Air Filter
Further advantages of the Mercedes-Benz Cabin Air Filters include:
- Highly-efficient filtration
- The ability to remove respirable particles less than 0.001mm in diameter.
- Mold-resistant micro-fiber materials
- A sealed system that prevents unfiltered air from reaching the cabin
The manufacturing process of your vehicle's fuel filtration system is closely coordinated with Mercedes-Benz engine development. This ensures an ideal technical match between all aspects of the engine and fuel system, in accordance with Mercedes-Benz standards.
Further advantages of the Mercedes-Benz Fuel Filter include:
- A leak-tight design
- Materials with special corrosion protection
- Optimum cleanliness of fuel through high dirt-absorption levels
- Easy maintenance and proper fit
Maintaining proper visibility while driving your vehicle is essential at all times. Did you know that Mercedes-Benz wipers are specifically designed with curvature and pressure points that perfectly conform to your windshield? Wipers of lesser quality may not have this unique design feature and may be subject to premature wear or failure.
Genuine Mercedes-Benz windshield wipers are developed, manufactured, and tested in accordance with the strictest quality standards. They consist of both natural and synthetic rubbers, which provide the best possible, long lasting elasticity. There is no better choice available where your and your passengers' safety is concerned.
General Care Tips
- Don't wait until it's difficult to see through the windshield to replace wiper blades. Replace wipers at least every six months, or as needed.
- Chattering or streaking wipers may indicate that replacement is necessary
- Always replace wipers in pairs (if applicable)
- Winter weather conditions accelerate wear on wipers with freezing windshield conditions; however, many drivers may not realize that, over time, exposure to the sun can also substantially deteriorate wiper materials
- Expect to replace the rear wiper regularly (if applicable)
Collision Parts and Service
If your vehicle has been in an accident, you may be anticipating the stress and hassle of having to deal with insurance companies and body shops. Your Mercedes-Benz authorized dealership will help guide you through the process of getting your vehicle back to its pre-accident condition. Mercedes-Benz has the solution in the Certified Collision Program.
The Mercedes-Benz Certified Collision Program was developed to set the highest standards for repair work, training, equipment and customer service. You can maintain the value, fit, finish and safety of your vehicle by having it repaired at a certified collision center. You expect exemplary service, genuine parts, and outstanding craftsmanship in the repair of your vehicle; only a Mercedes-Benz certified collision center can consistently provide this.
- Precisely engineered panels made from the correct grade of steel or aluminum (unlike many non-original parts) will fit correctly in every instance
- Genuine replacement body parts require less surface preparation before painting, resulting in a superior finish and a cost savings to you.
- Zincro-plated protection (an electro-statically applied coating of rust-inhibiting zinc) meets our strict anticorrosion standards, thus maintaining the integrity of your vehicle.
- Perfectly matched exterior and interior trim items unavailable through other sources
- Assurance that your vehicle will maintain the manufacturer-specified safety standards it had when new. The safety of a vehicle not repaired within these specific standards could be compromised in the event of another accident.
- Parts Limited Warranty protection
Automotive glass is an important part of your vehicle's structural integrity. Using Mercedes-Benz Star Labeled replacement glass, built with advanced glass technology, assures that the safety and quality designed into your vehicle is maintained.
Every Mercedes-Benz windshield and back glass is engineered to provide these key benefits:
- Windshield tolerances are an important part of any replacement glass and Mercedes-Benz glass is manufactured to maximum tolerances based off of the original design. However, aftermarket glass can be reverse engineered. Choosing Mercedes-Benz glass ensures proper fitment, visual clarity, windshield wiper performance, and the overall integrity of your vehicle.
- Mercedes-Benz glass has integrated solar protection. Solar glass coatings provide UV protection and heat load reduction. Aftermarket variants often do not have the reflective technology. This technology optimizes air conditioning performance and can improve fuel economy.
- Mercedes-Benz glass and the attached moldings have been validated with exposure testing including UV, chemical, temperature, tear and abrasion resistance. Aftermarket windshields and moldings are often made with materials that do not meet Mercedes-Benz exposure tests.
- Mercedes-Benz glass can have special acoustic dampening technologies within the layering of the glass. Aftermarket variants usually do not utilize this technology which may result in increased wind, road, and engine noise in your vehicle's cabin.
- Mercedes-Benz glass often incorporates various electrical components including rain sensors, antennae, and heating elements. Aftermarket glass often does not account for these complex Genuine Mercedes-Benz electrical components and may interfere with your vehicle's electronic systems.
Heating and Air Conditioning (HVAC)
Your Mercedes-Benz is equipped with a highly sophisticated heating, ventilation, and air conditioning system (HVAC) that maintains a clean and comfortable atmosphere within the vehicle. A well-functioning HVAC system will not only optimize climate control and defroster operation, it well help maintain the MPG rating over the life of the vehicle. Regular checks and preventative maintenance (e.g., cabin filter, A/C compressor) performed with genuine Mercedes-Benz parts will keep the system doing its job and help prevent potential costly repairs.
The most important thing to know about maintaining your HVAC system is that only Mercedes-Benz trained technicians use the proper equipment, components, and procedures to repair and diagnose potential issues. For example, if you drive your vehicle in a consistently humid climate, you may wish to ask your Mercedes-Benz service advisor about special cleaning and drying treatments, to eliminate odors or mold build-up.
General Care Tips
- The refrigerant used in your air conditioning system may adversely impact the environment if disposed of improperly. Mercedes-Benz technicians will use specialized recovery and recycling equipment to safely handle its disposal.
- Your HVAC system requires the smooth flow of air through clean vents to function properly. Have the cabin filters inspected and changed regularly.
- The operation of the A/C compressor relies on proper belt tension and belt condition. If replacement is needed, be sure a genuine Mercedes-Benz belt part is used to assure perfect fit.
General Care Tips
- Seasonal HVAC inspections are recommended as part of overall vehicle care and maintenance. Watch for notices you may receive from your authorized Mercedes-Benz dealership regarding inspections, as they are aware of the proper timing for your vehicle.
The choice is clear. The savings are clearer.
Whether as a result of an accident or because your beautiful, old Mercedes-Benz is no longer performing exactly like it did when new, you may be faced with decisions about major repair work. The solution may be in Genuine Mercedes-Benz Remanufactured Parts.
The same people who built your Mercedes-Benz also developed the equipment, technology and methods to precisely remanufacture a wide variety of major componentssuch as transmissions and engines--for virtually all Mercedes-Benz models.
Genuine Mercedes-Benz Remanufactured parts are completely disassembled, thoroughly cleaned, and inspected before the wear-and-tear components are replaced and the remaining components are re-machined. Make no mistake, these parts are not rebuilt or refurbished. Only Genuine Mercedes-Benz Remanufactured parts are brought back to exact Mercedes-Benz approved specifications and tolerances, thus ensuring optimal performance.
The process of remanufacturing a Mercedes-Benz part consumes up to 90% less energy for production, uses up to 80% of existing core materials, and reduces the negative impact on the environment. By using Genuine Mercedes-Benz Remanufactured Parts, you could save up to 50% when compared to the cost of new.
Remanufactured parts cover the four major components of your vehicle: powertrain (i.e., the engine and transmission), rotating electrical parts (such as starters and alternators), mechanical parts (including transfer cases and air conditioning compressors), and electronics (such as radios and command units).
By choosing Genuine Mercedes-Benz Remanufactured Parts, you also enjoy the peace of mind that comes with our Parts Limited Warranty. For example, we offer the same limited warranty of 48 months/50,000 miles on remanufactured engines that we offer with new engines. A Genuine Mercedes-Benz remanufactured transmission is backed by a 24-month/24,000-mile limited warranty, too.
Remember, the choice of Mercedes-Benz Genuine Remanufactured Parts is clear:
- Top-quality, reliable parts at a lower cost when compared to new.
- In stock and available at a Mercedes-Benz Dealership near you.
- The most comprehensive assortment of remanufactured parts available for Mercedes-Benz vehicles.
- Retaining the value, performance and safety of your vehicle at a lower price.
Stop! Never underestimate the most critical safety feature of your Mercedes-Benz. The Mercedes-Benz braking system was designed to the unique specifications of your vehicle, and features brake pads and rotors made from precisely engineered metal compounds designed to safely transfer heat and provide superior mechanical strength. This ensures the system's ability to bring you and two tons of accelerated machinery to a safe and sure stop, time and time again, under both normal and extreme conditions.
Brake pads do wear out and require replacement, as the pads press against the rotors to bring your vehicle to a stop. In order to maintain the high level of brake performance designed into your Mercedes-Benz, be sure the work is performed with only genuine Mercedes-Benz parts, at an authorized Mercedes-Benz service department.
Features of Genuine Mercedes-Benz brake components that ensure outstanding reliability and efficiency include:
- Outstanding deceleration performance to help maintain consistency over the entire operating life of the brakes
- Compatibility to original production components that are optimally configured for electronic systems such as ABS, ASR, and ESP.
- Specific design to transfer heat more quickly and more efficiently, thus minimizing deterioration and wear.
- Continuous improvements based on testing and research.
- A high level of comfort by avoiding squeaking and pedal pulsation.
In order to get the most out of your Mercedes-Benz brakes, it is vital that your vehicle's brakes are inspected at a Mercedes-Benz Dealership, and repaired using only Genuine Mercedes-Benz Parts.
General Care Tips
- Mercedes-Benz-trained technicians can install Genuine Mercedes-Benz brake parts in accordance with strict Mercedes-Benz standards. Incorrectly installed or non-approved brake pads can lead to premature wear, increased stopping distance, or complete brake failure.
- Have your brake pads and rotors, along with the brake fluid, inspected during your A- and B-service appointments, or when your vehicle's brake sensor display lights up. Replace and service when recommended.
Tires are an essential component of your Mercedes-Benz driving experience. They provide the four points of contact between your vehicle and the road, and affect acceleration, braking, cornering and the overall safety of your vehicle.
Mercedes-Benz strongly recommends that all replacement tires meet OEM (original equipment manufacturer) specifications to ensure that you continue to experience the superb performance and handling that have been engineered into your Mercedes-Benz.
A common misconception is that tires are more expensive at a dealership. The truth is that Mercedes-Benz dealerships offer competitive pricing on national brand tires---tires designed specifically for your Mercedes Benz.
Every Mercedes-Benz -approved tire is engineered to provide these key benefits:
The adhesion between the tire and the road is affected by environmental conditions and driving style. Mercedes-Benz-approved tires are designed to optimize traction in nearly any condition.
Mercedes-Benz-approved tires must undergo extensive road testing to validate construction and confirm ride comfort. Mercedes-Benz works closely with the worlds leading tire manufacturers to specify the best tires for each model.
We measure reliability by two factors: the ability of the tire to deliver superior performance in a variety of driving conditions, and its capacity to deliver Mercedes-Benz performance mile after mile.
The effective life of your tire depends on tire type, speed rating, inflation pressure, wheel alignment, and other vehicle and environmental conditions. To help attain maximum life for your tires, your Mercedes-Benz dealership will ensure that your tires are properly aligned, balanced, and rotated.
Tires are a critical component of your vehicles safety active system. The safety standards of your Mercedes-Benz vehicle have been precisely engineered, and could be compromised if you do not have appropriate Mercedes-Benz-approved tires installed on your vehicle.
General Care Tips
- Your Mercedes-Benz dealership offers tire inspection, wheel alignment, tire rotation, and tire balancing all performed by certified technicians who know your Mercedes-Benz inside and out.
- Check your tire pressure periodically, as improperly inflated tires may decrease fuel mileage, lead to premature tread wear, and may affect the overall handling of your vehicle.
- Regardless of tread wear, Mercedes-Benz recommends that your tires and spare be replaced after six years, because rubber compounds deteriorate over time.
- If your vehicle is "pulling" one way or the other, your wheels may be out of alignment, which can impact wear and performance. Your Mercedes-Benz dealership can conduct a four-wheel computerized alignment of the front and rear suspension.
- Have your tires rotated* regularly to help prevent uneven wear, improper handling, reduced fuel efficiency, and shortened tire life
- Vehicles with staggered-width tires cannot be rotated, but instead require inspection
*In accordance with or as otherwise recommended by your tire manufacturer's instructions. Rotation applies only to vehicles without staggered-width tires. Vehicles with staggered-width tires require inspection instead of rotation. Tires should be rotated/inspected at least once between each service visit. See your Service Manager for details.
- As tires wear, they can become out of balance, causing vehicle vibration and accelerated tire wear. When needed, your Mercedes-Benz dealership can computer-balance all four wheels.
The lasting value of Genuine Mercedes-Benz headlamps and taillights has always been crystal clear. If road debris or an accident causes damage to any of your lights, replacement with an after-market unit may seem acceptable. However, keep in mind the exterior lighting on your vehicle does much more than just illuminate the road. Here are reasons why you should always insist on Genuine Mercedes-Benz replacement units.
- Vibration resistant construction that eliminates flickering on bumpy roads
- Precision fit that provides ease of installation and minimizes wind noise
- Ventilation to minimize inner lens misting and preserve clarity
- Specifically developed aerodynamic optical contours that contribute to active safety
- High-quality construction that helps guard against moisture, temperature extremes, chemical influences, scratches, and shattering
These are innovations and features rarely found in non-genuine parts. Plus, a Mercedes-Benz unit is covered under our Limited Parts Warranty thats added value the aftermarket cannot provide.
General Care Tips
- Whenever your vehicle is in for service, you should have your lights including brake lights, turn signals, and emergency flashers inspected for safe driving
- Always replace burned-out and malfunctioning bulbs with Mercedes-Benz-recommended light bulbs (see your Owners Manual or speak with your authorized Mercedes-Benz Dealer for more information)
- Should you need a replacement bulb or emergency repairs to your lights while traveling, rest assured any authorized Mercedes-Benz dealership will be able to help.