Why sacrifice power for space? Is it possible for an SUV to perform like a race car? What happens when you drop a massively powerful V8 engine under its hood? These are the kind of questions that keep engineers in Affalterbach busy. Their answer takes the form of the new Mercedes‑AMG GLC63 SUV.
Inside is a handcrafted AMG 4.0L V8 biturbo engine, closely modeled after the ones that power the high-performance GT family. It delivers a new level of power to Mercedes‑AMG's mid‑size SUV, enabling the GLC63 SUV to achieve 0‑60 in a mere 3.9 seconds*.
In a vehicle of this size and spaciousness, power will only get you so far unless it's properly channeled. Here, AMG Performance 4MATIC+ all‑wheel drive sends power to all four wheels and allows for fully variable front/rear torque distribution. A rear‑axle limited slip differential allows for superb cornering without wasting any of that newfound energy.
The clearest signal of the GLC63's racing heritage is right up front. The Mercedes‑AMG's Panamericana grille, previously seen only on GT vehicles, signals the presence of race-engineered cooling technology. Even without seeing, the unmistakable roar of the V8 — enhanced by the exhaust system's flap technology — announces that you're in the presence of an aggressive new take on the SUV.
The Mercedes‑AMG GLC63 SUV was unveiled at the New York International Auto Show in April. It conquers a corner near you late this fall.
- Handcrafted AMG 4.0L V8 biturbo engine
- 469 hp and 479 lb‑ft of torque*
- 0‑60 in 3.9 seconds*
- AMG Performance 4MATIC+ with fully variable torque distribution
- AMG SPEEDSHIFT® MCT 9‑speed transmission
- Mechanical rear‑axle limited‑slip differential
- Expressive front end with Panamericana grille
- 3‑stage AMG RIDE CONTROL sport suspension
- AMG Performance Exhaust System
- MB‑Tex man‑made leather interior with DINAMICA microfiber
- Optional AMG Night package
- Optional AMG Exterior Carbon Fiber package