This year marks the 50th anniversary of AMG's legendary motorsports heritage. And the most fitting way to celebrate that glorious past is to unveil the future. The 2018 GT C Coupe is the latest evolution of a vehicle family that marries track-worthy power to luxury worthy of Mercedes-AMG.
The GT C takes the already impressive capability of its fellow GT coupes and pushes it to a formidable new level: 550 hp and 502 lb-ft of torque*. What's more, the new coupe borrows the GT R's rear-axle steering to provide maximum stability and agility. An electronically controlled rear-axle limited-slip differential further improves traction to dominate every corner.
The GT C boasts the same aggressive rear dimensions as the GT R, allowing for larger wheels and a wider track. It also features a Panamericana grille in front, a tribute to classic racing heritage and the new face of all AMG GT models going forward.
In honor of AMG's 50th anniversary, the GT C arrives in the United States as an exclusive Edition 50 model. This production run of 50 AMG GT C coupes sports a designo Graphite Grey Magno paint finish, black chrome highlights and an interior defined by a striking interplay between black and silver. Unique badging and lettering announce just how exclusive a vehicle this is.
The new Mercedes-AMG GT C was unveiled at the 2017 North American International Auto Show in Detroit.
- Handcrafted AMG 4.0L V8 with twin turbochargers and direct injection
- 550 hp and 502 lb-ft of torque*
- 0-60 mph in 3.6 seconds; top speed of 196 mph
- Active rear-axle steering
- AMG DYNAMIC SELECT with "RACE" mode
- Electronically controlled rear-axle limited-slip differential
- AMG RIDE CONTROL Sport Suspension with adaptive dampers
- AIRPANEL active air management system borrowed from the GT R to provide advanced cooling performance
- Exclusive "Edition 50" model with designo Graphite Grey Magno exterior and exclusive nappa leather in silver pearl/black interior
- Standard Interior Night package on Edition 50, including steering wheel spokes, shift paddles and door sill panels finished in black