The Mercedes‑AMG GT series is not merely the pride of the portfolio, it is the summation of the brand´s handcrafted, race‑bred tradition, its devotion to performance, and its uncompromising approach to design and luxury. Now, a new variant takes the stage in all of its convertible glory: the 2019 GT S Roadster.
Positioned between the existing GT Roadster and its mighty sibling, the GT C, the GT S convertible offers a calibrated balance of power and poise. At its heart is a handcrafted AMG 4.0L V8 biturbo engine that delivers 515 hp and 494 lb-ft of torque, while blasting from 0-60 in just 3.7 seconds. It also reaches a top speed of 192 mph. And its power is superbly harnessed to a 7-speed dual-clutch transmission and AMG RIDE CONTROL sport suspension.*
Much of the new roadster´s capability can be attributed to a body constructed from a mix of lightweight materials. Its spaceframe and exterior parts are aluminum. Other parts, including the trunk lid and load-bearing structure, are made from innovative composite materials specially developed by the Mercedes‑Benz TEC factory in Sindelfingen, Germany. These give the vehicle impressive strength while ensuring peak performance and agility.
They also lend the vehicle its distinctive exterior surface quality, just one element in a design that calls out for an open, sunlit road. With its AMG radiator grille, long hood, low center of gravity and muscular tail, the GT S Roadster communicates performance even at a standstill.
The Mercedes‑AMG GT S Roadster roars into dealerships later this year.
- Handcrafted AMG 4.0L V8 biturbo engine with twin turbocharging
- 515 hp and 494 lb-ft of torque*
- 0-60 mph in 3.7 seconds; top speed of 192 mph *
- AMG SPEEDSHIFT® 7G-DCT 7-speed automatic transmission
- AMG RIDE CONTROL Sport Suspension with Adaptive Damping System
- Electronically controlled rear-axle limited-slip differential
- AMG DYNAMIC SELECT with five drive modes, including "RACE"
- Standard AMG Performance Exhaust System
- Fully automatic, weight-optimized three-layer fabric soft top
- Reinforced bodyshell structure and fixed roll-over protection system
- Available in a variety of trim options, including AMG Black Piano Lacquer