The quality and reliability of new parts with a reduced impact on your wallet and the environment.
When you need a new part for your Mercedes-Benz, ask your dealer about our extensive line of Genuine Remanufactured Parts. They offer all the quality you expect with considerable savings to you as well as benefits to our environment.
What is Remanufactured?
The differences in terms of how a part is brought back to working condition are often subtle, but important as they frequently carry different or shorter warranties.
Differentiating "Remanufactured" from the Rest
- Repaired: usually refers to a part that is simply made operational again
- Recycled: typically refers to a salvaged/used part
- Restored/Reconditioned: refers to older parts, typically parts that are "freshened"
- Rebuilt: refers to a simple replacement of only those components that may be broken or unusable, without a complete disassembly and inspection
Remanufacturing of automotive parts begins with an inoperative, failed or worn out part called a "core." This core is disassembled so that the subsystems and components can be cleaned, tested, repaired/reworked or replaced. The components are then brought back to production specification, reassembled and tested such that the expected performance of the reassembled equipment can be defined and warranted.
The Benefits of Remanufactured Parts
Mercedes-Benz Genuine Remanufactured Parts set the standards for quality and reliability - standards that maintain the value and performance of the vehicle - that other aftermarket parts may not be able to match.
All Mercedes-Benz Genuine Remanufactured Parts supplied by Mercedes-Benz dealerships are kept in stock and are available either on demand or at short notice.
Mercedes-Benz Genuine Remanufactured Parts include powertrain, mechanical parts, and electronics and are available through the dealer network designed specifically for the vehicle.
Mercedes-Benz Genuine Remanufactured Parts are less expensive than new parts, and sustain a remanufacturing cycle in the long term. Returning core parts to your local dealership saves on the cost of disposal, and can provide a lower cost of ownership for drivers.
Mercedes-Benz Genuine Remanufactured Parts have the same warranty coverage that applied to new Genuine Mercedes-Benz Parts. Note: Engine Limited Warranty Coverage is 48 months or 50,000 miles and transmissions are 24 months or 24,000 miles, whichever comes first.
Using Mercedes-Benz Genuine Remanufactured Parts can reduce environmental impact by reusing materials and requiring less energy for production. In fact, up to 80 percent savings in material consumption and up to 90 percent savings in energy costs are typical.
Limited Warranty Coverage
Limited Warranty Coverage
Mercedes-Benz Genuine Remanufactured Parts have the same limited warranty coverage that applied to new Genuine Mercedes-Benz Parts.
Warranty Coverage Period
The warranty period starts from the date of purchase of the part or accessory. The dealer (passenger car or light truck, as applicable) must be furnished with the customer´s copy of the original sales receipt on counter sales or the customer´s copy of the repair order on dealer installations to validate the date of purchase.
No Charge Warranty Repair
Warranty repair will be made at no charge for parts and labor when performed at an authorized Mercedes-Benz Center (passenger car or light truck, as applicable).
- Defects. Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC (MBUSA) warrants to the original purchaser and each subsequent owner of Genuine Mercedes-Benz Parts, equipment, or factory approved accessories - except tires - installed on a Mercedes-Benz vehicle, which is operated in the USA under normal use and service, to be free from defects in material and workmanship.
- Warranty Period. This warranty is for 12 months, unlimited mileage from date of purchase.
- Transmissions. The Limited Warranty Coverage includes 24 months or 24,000 miles, whichever comes first, from date of purchase.
- Engines and long blocks. The Limited Warranty covers 48 months or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first, from date of installation.
*Core charge not included for Reman. Prices are subject to change. Check with your local dealer for exact pricing.