The Mercedes-Benz S-Class has always represented the luxury sedan at its highest. With the launch of the new Mercedes-AMG S63 and S65, luxury is heightened even further, with an exciting new generation of engines under the hood, new levels of intelligence and comfort in the cabin, and graceful design updates throughout.
The thrilling new engines that power these vehicles achieve peak velocity with remarkable efficiency. Despite having smaller displacement than its predecessor´s engine, the S63´s handcrafted 4.0L V8 biturbo puts out 26 more hp for a breathtaking 603 hp, paired with 664 lb-ft of torque. And then we have the S65, whose handcrafted 6.0L V12 biturbo engine enables 621 hp and 738 lb-ft of torque*. This is luxury at its most intimidating.
Each of these masterpieces is equipped with sophisticated camera and radar systems to assist drivers with an enhanced awareness of their surroundings. Vehicles equipped with the Driver Assistance Package now make use of COMAND® map data to provide an even more informed approach to driving behavior**. Active Distance Assist DISTRONIC® with Route-Based Speed Adaptation can adjust speed automatically when approaching the vehicle ahead, at a wider range of speeds than its previous version. And COMAND map data enables the vehicle to automatically adjust speed when approaching curves or intersections. This and many other Driver Assistance elements put these sedans at the forefront of automotive intelligence.
These sedans have been redesigned throughout, with a variety of new interior and exterior options. A highlight inside is the COMAND multimedia system with two 12.3" high-resolution displays merged under a single glass panel — a signal that the next level of intelligence is presented at a new level of luxury. The new ENERGIZING Comfort option provides bespoke configurations of lighting, climate control, seats, music and more to cater to every mood and whim of the S-Class performance driver.
The Mercedes-AMG S63 and S65 launch later in 2017.
- Handcrafted AMG 4.0L V8 biturbo engine (S63)
- Handcrafted AMG 6.0L V12 biturbo engine (S65)
- 603 hp and 664 lb-ft of torque (S63)*
- 621 hp and 738 lb-ft of torque (S65)*
- 0-60 mph in 3.4 seconds; top speed of 186 mph (S63)*
- 0-60 mph in 4.2 seconds; top speed of 186 mph (S65)*
- ENERGIZING Comfort feature
- Ambient lighting with 64 colors
- LED Intelligent Light System with new Ultra Wide Beam feature
- AMG DYNAMIC SELECT
- AMG Performance Exhaust System (S63)
- AMG Sport Suspension based on AIRMATIC® (S63)
- AMG Sport Suspension based on MAGIC BODY CONTROL® with CURVE tilting function (S65)
- Optional MAGIC BODY CONTROL® with CURVE tilting function that adjusts driver and passenger bodies for more comfortable turns***
- Driver Assistance Systems: Active Distance Assist DISTRONIC®, Active Steering Assist, Active Speed Limit Assist, Route-Based Speed Adaptation, Active Blind Spot Assist, Active Lane Keeping Assist, Active Emergency Stop Assist
- Touch Control Buttons that allow full control of the multimedia system from the steering wheel
- New generation of COMAND® multimedia system with dual 12.3" high-resolution displays under a single bonded glass panel