Once again, the visionaries in Affalterbach have driven a stake into the ground and set the new benchmark for racetrack-bred performance. Introducing the 2018 Mercedes-AMG GT R, the embodiment of all that is Mercedes-AMG: driving performance at its most passionate, pure and uncompromising.
The Mercedes-AMG GT R is designed as a track car off the showroom floor, with sinister aesthetics and adrenaline-pumping performance dynamics to match. Its handcrafted AMG 4.0L V8 biturbo engine with "hot inside V" configuration grinds out 577 hp and 516 lb-ft of torque, and the all-new AMG TRACTION CONTROL with 9 input levels is literally at your fingertips in the center console.
The motorsports technology goes beyond just the engine. Active rear-axle steering turns up to 1.5 degrees of toe angle for increased cornering response and high-speed stability. The light dual-mass flywheel is responsive and ready to handle rigorous torque spikes of transmission kickdowns on-track. Forged cylinder heads are durable and more resistant to heat. And a sophisticated engine management system adapts based on your driving style, reading your throttle inputs, g-force indicators and more.
When it comes to styling, the purpose remains the same — extreme performance. Aggressive aerodynamics combine with an advanced cooling system to reduce drag and improve heat dissipation that comes with rigorous track use. And the wide track makes an audacious persona feel all the more visceral and real when you´re behind the wheel.
The all-new 2018 Mercedes-AMG GT R begins its reign in summer 2018.
** European specification; US figures may vary.
- Handcrafted AMG 4.0L V8 biturbo with dry-sump lubrication
- 577 hp and 516 lb-ft of torque
- 0-60 mph in 3.5 seconds; top speed of 198 mph
- Active rear-axle steering
- First-ever 9-mode AMG TRACTION CONTROL
- Extensive use of carbon fiber in key areas to lower the center of gravity and add torsional rigidity
- Aggressive active aerodynamics coupled with an advanced cooling system
- Wider front and rear fenders by 46mm and 57mm, respectively
- Exclusive new color:"AMG Green Hell Magno"
- New face of AMG: the Panamericana Grille, inspired by the AMG GT3 racer
- Prominent central exhaust outlet with standard AMG Performance Exhaust