For Insurance Professionals
From our elite vehicle safety standards to our precise restoration techniques, discover the benefits of Mercedes-Benz and Certified Collision Centers.
The Safety Concept
To best protect our drivers and passengers, Mercedes-Benz has developed a comprehensive approach to automotive safety. These are the basic tenets:
- Equip drivers with the most up-to-date features to help prevent an accident
- Assist drivers in times of danger with features like Active Brake Assist®
- Protect drivers and passengers during an accident with coordinated sensors and restraint systems
- React properly with measures like automatic engine shut-off or unlocking doors, so the after-effects are mitigated.
While drivers are ultimately in control of their vehicles, we are always looking for ways to help them avoid potential hazards. Intelligent Drive combines assisted parking, mitigation and safety, night driving and driver assistance systems to create a fully realized safety ecosystem every time you take the wheel.
Taking the Proper Steps
To make sure every restoration is performed properly, all Certified Collision Centers employ trained technicians with advanced skills and experience. Our Workshop Information System (WIS) provides an extensive library of procedures, and the Xentry Diagnostic Unit is authorized by us for reprogramming, configuration, initialization, fault diagnosis and guided diagnostic tests.
The Certified Collision Program
Not all repair centers are the same. To meet different customer needs, we’ve categorized them with the following capabilities:
- Certified Collision Centers perform repair work on all passenger cars except those that require aluminum welding
- Elite Certified Collision Centers require an additional level of training to perform aluminum welding
- Vans Centers have the infrastructure to repair Sprinter and Metris vans
The Xentry Portal is an official Mercedes-Benz website that provides service and repair documentation for Mercedes-Benz vehicles. This makes it easy for our technicians to access the latest resources – specific to our models – and proceed with the knowledge to complete their repairs properly.
Genuine Parts and Testing
Crafted with superior quality down to the smallest detail, Mercedes-Benz Genuine Parts provide a guaranteed fit and finish and are backed by our Parts Limited Warranty. That includes wheels and tires, glass, headlamps, steering systems and more – all rigorously tested for quality and longevity.
Mercedes-Benz Approved Equipment
To maintain quality assurance, all Certified Collision Center equipment is required to meet Mercedes-Benz Group global specifications. They review what’s needed to repair a vehicle – assessing how it’s built, the materials used and tools required – with all tools being approved by Mercedes-Benz Group to meet the highest industry standards.