With the launch of the new S‑Class Sedan, the luxury benchmark surpassed itself with new levels of comfort and intelligence. Now the 2018 Mercedes‑Benz S‑Class Coupe is here, bringing the same level of technological achievement to the sedan´s nimble counterpart. Two Mercedes‑AMG variants add a note of visceral excitement.
The new S‑Class Coupe´s Intelligent Drive systems elevate the car to newfound heights. Speed is adjusted proactively while heading into curves and DISTRONIC® now uses map and navigation data for even greater precision*. A stereo camera behind the windscreen works in tandem with the suspension to help keep drivers poised and comfortable whatever the road throws their way.
Inside, technology informs design, as two high‑resolution displays form the centerpiece of an all‑digital console that can be altered to suit one´s preference. The new Energizing Comfort feature uses climate control, ambient lighting, massage and fragrance functions to provide an ambience tailored to the driver´s state of mind. Dynamic enhancements to the coupe´s exterior — including a chrome‑plated bumper and multiple air inlets — further emphasize its seamless blend of sportiness and intelligence. Also new to the S-Class Coupe are innovative OLED taillamps, where wafer-thin organic materials create a dramatic effect and adjust to driving and ambient light conditions.
The Mercedes‑AMG S 63 and S 65 allow you to experience the S-Class Coupe in its most elite form. With a Panamericana grille on the front of each, you don´t have to drive them to realize their racing pedigree. You should drive one anyway. How else to experience all those enhancements delivered with thrilling, handcrafted power? Or feel the embrace of an interior detailed with the most exclusive materials?
Revealed at the 2017 Frankfurt International Auto Show in September, the new S-Class Coupe arrives at dealerships in summer 2018.
- 4.0L V8 biturbo engine (S 560)
- Handcrafted AMG 4.0L V8 biturbo engine (S 63)
- Handcrafted AMG 6.0L V12 biturbo engine (S 65)
- 463 hp and 516 lb-ft of torque (S 560)**
- 603 hp and 664 lb-ft of torque (S 63)**
- 621 hp and 738 lb-ft of torque (S 65)**
- Top speed of 186 mph (S63)**
- Top speed of 186 mph (S65)**
- ENERGIZING Comfort feature
- Ambient lighting with 64 colors
- Standard Lane Tracking Package
- LED Intelligent Light System with new Ultra Wide Beam feature
- OLED taillamps
- AMG DYNAMIC SELECT (S63, S65)
- AMG Performance Exhaust System (S63)
- AMG Sport Suspension based on AIRMATIC® (S63)
- AMG Sport Suspension based on MAGIC BODY CONTROL® with CURVE tilting function (S65)
- Driver Assistance Systems: Active Distance Assist DISTRONIC®, Active Steering Assist, Active Speed Limit Assist, Route-Based Speed Adaptation, Active Blind Spot Assist, Active Lane Keeping Assist, Active Emergency Stop Assist