Credit Application Disclosures
See the agreements for online credit applicants regarding privacy, consent to use electronic signatures and more.
Federal Consumer Privacy Notice
WHAT DOES MERCEDES-BENZ FINANCIAL SERVICES DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
- Social Security number and income
- account balances and payment history
- transaction history and assets
All financial companies need to share customers’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers’ personal information; the reasons Mercedes-Benz Financial Services chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
|Reasons we can share your personal information||Does Mercedes-Benz Financial Services share?||Can you limit this sharing?|
|For our everyday business purposes— such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus||Yes||No|
|For our marketing purposes— to offer our products and services to you||Yes||No|
|For joint marketing with other financial companies||Yes||No|
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes— information about your transactions and experiences||Yes||No|
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes— information about your creditworthiness||No||We don’t share|
|For our affiliates to market to you||Yes||Yes|
|For nonaffiliates to market to you||No||We don’t share|
To limit our sharing
Call (866) 701-5053 — our menu will prompt you through your choices
Please note: If you are a new customer, we can begin sharing your information 30 days from the date we sent this notice. When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice. However, you can contact us at any time to limit our sharing.
Call (800) 654-6222
WHO WE ARE
Who is providing this notice?
Mercedes-Benz Financial Services USA LLC; Mercedes-Benz Vehicle Trust (collectively referred to as "Mercedes-Benz Financial Services")
WHAT WE DO
How does Mercedes-Benz Financial Services protect my personal information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
How does Mercedes-Benz Financial Services collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you
- apply for financing or apply for a lease
- give us your income information or provide employment information
- give us your contact information
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.
Why can't I limit all sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only
- sharing for affiliates' everyday business purposes—information about your creditworthiness
- affiliates from using your information to market to you
- sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing. See below for more on your rights under state law.
What happens when I limit sharing for an account I hold jointly with someone else? Your choices will apply to everyone on your account.
Affiliates: Companies related by common ownership or control. They include financial and non-financial companies.
Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
Mercedes-Benz Financial Services does not share with nonaffiliates so they can market to you.
A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
Our joint marketing partners include automobile dealers and insurance companies.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
You will also be provided an "Important Privacy Choices for Consumers" notice explaining your rights under California law.
The following Important Contract of Arbitration significantly affects Applicant's ("you" or "your") rights in any dispute with Mercedes-Benz Financial Services USA LLC. Please read this carefully before submitting this application.
If either you or we choose, any dispute between you and us will be decided by arbitration and not in court.
If such dispute is arbitrated, you and we will give up the right to a trial by a court or a jury trial.
You agree to give up any right you may have to bring a class-action lawsuit or class arbitration, or to participate in either as a claimant, and you agree to give up any right you may have to consolidate your arbitration with the arbitration of others.
The information that can be obtained in discovery from each other or from third persons in arbitration is generally more limited than in a lawsuit.
Other rights that you and/or we would have in court may not be available in arbitration.
Any claim or dispute, whether in contract, tort or otherwise (including any dispute over the interpretation, scope, or validity of this contract, arbitration section or the arbitrability of any issue), between you and us or any of our employees, agent, successors or assigns, which arises out of or relates to a credit application, this contract, or any resulting transaction or relationship arising out of this contract shall, at the election of either you or us, or our successor or assigns, be resolved by a neutral, binding arbitration and not by a court action. Any claim or dispute is to be arbitrated on an individual basis and not as a class action. Whoever first demands arbitration may choose to proceed under the applicable rules of and be administered by the American Arbitration Association (www.adr.org), or any other organization that you may choose subject to our approval.
Whichever rules are chosen, the arbitrator shall be an attorney or retired judge and shall be selected in accordance with the applicable rules. The arbitrator shall apply the law in deciding the dispute. Unless the rules require otherwise, the arbitration award shall be issued without a written opinion. The arbitration hearing shall be conducted in the federal district in which you reside. If you demand arbitration first, you will pay the initial arbitration filing fees or case management fees required by the applicable rules up to $125, and we will pay any additional initial filing fee or case management fee. We will pay the whole filing fee or case management fee if we demand arbitration first. We will pay the arbitration costs and fees for the first day of arbitration, up to a maximum of eight hours. The arbitrator shall decide who shall pay any additional costs and fees. Nothing in this paragraph shall prevent you from requesting that the applicable arbitration entity reduce or waive your fees, or that we voluntarily pay an additional share of said fees, based upon your financial circumstances or the nature of your claim.
This application and Important Contract of Arbitration evidence a transaction involving interstate commerce. Any arbitration under this application and Important Contract of Arbitration shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act (9 USC 1, et seq.). Judgment upon the award rendered may be entered in any court having jurisdiction.
Notwithstanding this application and Important Contract of Arbitration, our employees, parents, subsidiaries, affiliate companies, agents, successors, and assignees retain the right to exercise self-help remedies and to seek provisional remedies from a court, pending final determination of the dispute by the arbitrator. None of us waives the right to arbitrate by exercising self-help remedies, filing suit, or seeking or obtaining provisional remedies from a court.
If any clause within this Important Contract of Arbitration, other than clause 3 or any similar provision dealing with class action, class arbitration, or consolidation, is found to be illegal or unenforceable, that clause will be severed from this Important Contract of Arbitration, and the remainder of this Important Contract of Arbitration will be given full force and effect. If any part of clause 3 or any similar provision dealing with class action, class arbitration or consolidation is found to be illegal or unenforceable, then this entire Important Contract of Arbitration will be severed and the remaining provisions of this application shall be given full force and effect as if this Important Contract of Arbitration had not been included in this application.
- The words “you”, “your” and “yours” mean Applicant, Co-Applicant, and Guarantor (as applicable). Unless otherwise indicated, the words “we”, “us”, “our” and “ours” refer to the Dealer, Mercedes-Benz Financial Services USA LLC d/b/a Mercedes-Benz Financial Services (in MA) (“MBFS”) and Mercedes-Benz Vehicle Trust. MBFS is the authorized servicer for Mercedes-Benz Vehicle Trust.
- CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: Applicant, if married, may apply for a separate account.
- MAINE AND TENNESSEE RESIDENTS: You must have physical damage insurance covering loss or damage to the vehicle for the term of the contract. For a lease, you must also have the liability insurance as described in the lease. You may purchase required insurance through any insurance agent or broker and from any insurance company that is reasonably acceptable to us. You are not required to purchase insurance from or through any of our affiliates. Your choice of insurance agent, broker, or insurer will not affect our credit decision, so long as the insurance provides adequate coverage with an insurer who meets our reasonable requirements.
- NEW YORK RESIDENTS: Consumer reports may be requested in connection with your credit application. Upon request, you will be informed as to whether or not a consumer report was requested and, if it was, of the name and address of the consumer reporting agency that furnished the report. Additional consumer reports may be requested with respect to any extension or renewal of the credit.
- OHIO RESIDENTS: The Ohio laws against discrimination require that all creditors make credit equally available to all creditworthy customers, and that credit reporting agencies maintain separate credit histories on each individual upon request. The Ohio Civil Rights Commission administers compliance with this law.
- RHODE ISLAND RESIDENTS: A credit report may be requested in connection with your credit application. You have the right to choose the agent and insurer for the insurance required in connection with this transaction, subject to our reasonable approval consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
- VERMONT RESIDENTS: You authorize us to obtain a credit report in connection with your credit application. If an account is created, you authorize MBFS to obtain credit reports in connection with the same transaction or extension of credit, for the purpose of reviewing the account, taking collection action on the account, or for other legitimate purpose associated with the account.
- MARRIED WISCONSIN RESIDENTS: No provision of any marital property agreement, any unilateral statement under Wis. Stat § 766.59 or any court decree under § 766.70 applied to material property adversely affects our interest unless you furnish a copy of the agreement, statement, or court decree or we have actual knowledge of such adverse provision before credit is granted.
- AUTHORIZATION AND ACKNOWLEDGMENT
- By submitting this application:
- You authorize Dealer, MBFS, and any finance company, bank or other financial institution to which the Dealer may submit your application to obtain credit reports and investigate your credit and employment history in connection with your application for credit, based on information you provided voluntarily. You authorize the release of federal and state records of your employment and income history. You certify that a bankruptcy proceeding is neither in progress nor expected. If the credit application is submitted in the name of a business, you acknowledge that a current and year-end financial statement, including Profit & Loss Statement and balance sheet, may be required (audited, if possible).
- You certify that you are authorized to make the acknowledgments below on behalf of yourself, any co-applicant or co-borrower, any guarantor, and any company or other entity for which you act as an authorized representative in connection with this application.
- You certify that you have read and agree to all the terms of this online credit application and that all the information you provided to us is true and accurate.
- If an account is created, you authorize MBFS and any other financial institution to which the Dealer may submit your credit application to obtain credit reports for the purpose of reviewing or taking collection action on your account or for other legitimate purposes associated with the account and allowed by law.
- You represent and warrant that you have not been paid or otherwise offered a benefit to submit a credit application; you are not acquiring the vehicle being applied for on behalf of a third party; and you do not intend to purchase or lease another vehicle within the next 10 days.
- You consent and agree that MBFS and any successors, affiliates, agents or service providers may to the extent permitted by law: (i) monitor and record telephone calls concerning your account to assure quality of service or for other reasons; and (ii) use written, verbal, and electronic means to contact you, including, without limitation, manual calling methods, prerecorded or artificial voice messages, text messages, e-mails and/or automatic dialing systems. Such means of contact may include use of an e-mail address or any telephone number you provide, now or in the future, including a cellular phone or other wireless device number, regardless of whether you incur charges as a result.
- IN EXCHANGE FOR THE TIME, EFFORT, AND EXPENSE IN REVIEWING YOUR CREDIT APPLICATION AND FOR OTHER VALUABLE CONSIDERATION, WHICH IS HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGED, YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THE IMPORTANT CONTRACT OF ARBITRATION AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND ALL OF ITS TERMS.
You have indicated you wish to receive and sign Communications electronically. Some of the information in the Communications is required by law to be “in writing” – which means you are entitled to receive the information on paper. With your consent, we may provide this information to you electronically instead. We also need your general consent to use electronic records and signatures.
Your consent applies to all of the Communications we provide to you, or that you sign or agree to or submit at our request, in electronic form. We may also use electronic signatures and obtain them from you on any Communication.
We may deliver Communications electronically to you (i) through any Digital Property or signing platform used to present Communications to you for review or signature, (ii) by email or SMS text message, (iii) by access to one or more Digital Properties that we will designate in an e-mail or SMS text message notice we send to you at the time the information is made available on the Digital Property, or (iv) to the extent permissible by law, by access to one or more Digital Properties that we will generally designate in advance for such purpose. Our agreements with you may describe additional methods for electronically delivering Communications. In some cases, you will be able to choose whether to receive certain Communications electronically. We will provide you with instructions on making those choices when applicable.
We may phone you or send you text messages. You consent to our leaving prerecorded/artificial voice messages and using an automatic telephone dialing system to call or text your mobile/cellular telephone number. Our calls and text messages to your mobile/cellular telephone numbers could result in charges to you.
We may always, in our sole discretion, provide you with any Communication on paper and require you to provide Communications to us on paper. Sometimes the law, or our agreement with you, will require you to give us a written notice. You must still provide these notices to us on paper, unless we specifically tell you in another Communication how you may deliver that notice to us electronically.
System Requirements for Accessing and Retaining Information
To receive electronic Communications on your own equipment or device, you must have access to:
- a Current Version (defined below) of an Internet browser we support,
- a connection to the Internet,
- a Current Version of a program that accurately reads and displays PDF and PNG files (such as Adobe Acrobat Reader), and
- a computer or device with an operating system capable of supporting all of the above. You will also need a printer if you wish to print out and retain records on paper, and electronic storage if you wish to retain records in electronic form.
If you are using your own mobile or handheld device to access and retain Communications, in some cases you may also need a specific brand or type of device that can support a particular software application, including an application intended for particular or handheld devices.
You may click here to test your ability to view a PDF file.
You must also have an active email address.
Copies of this Consent, the Consumer Privacy Notice, State Disclosures and Acknowledgements, and Important Contract of Arbitration are always available by clicking the following link: https://www.mbusa.com/en/legal-notices/credit-application-disclosures. By providing consent, you are also agreeing that we may provide your retention copies of these Communications by making them available as part of either one of our Digital Properties you can access or any application we provide for your handheld device.
Requesting Paper Copies
You may request a paper copy of any electronic Communication we have provided to you and the credit application information you have provided by contacting us at (800) 654-6222.
Withdrawing Your Consent
If you are submitting an electronic credit application and you have not previously provided your consent to the use of electronic records and signatures, you may withdraw your consent at any time by closing the website or mobile application before completing and submitting your credit application.
If you are an existing MBFS customer and have previously provided your consent to the use of electronic records and signatures, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting our Customer Service Department at (800) 654-6222.
Your withdrawal of consent will be effective only with respect to future Communications and only after we have a reasonable period of time to act on it. If you withdraw consent, we may terminate your access to one or more of our Digital Properties. Withdrawing consent may result in having to complete a pending transaction using paper documents, and may delay completion of the transaction.
Updating Your Contact Information
You may update your contact information, including your email address, at any time by contacting our Customer Service Department at (800) 654-6222.
Confirming Your Consent
By providing your consent to use electronic records and signatures, you confirm that:
- You can access and read this Consent.
- You consent to the use of electronic Communications and electronic signatures.
- You have the minimum hardware and software described above, including an active email address, access to the Internet, and the ability to access and review PNG & PDF files.
- You are authorized to give this Consent on behalf of yourself, any co-applicant or co-borrower, any guarantor, and any company or other entity for which you act as an authorized representative in connection with transactions with us.
- If we provide any information to you on your handheld device, you agree that we may provide you with retention copies of certain Communications by keeping them available to you within the application on your handheld device, another Digital Property which you can access, or by providing a link to the Communication from your handheld device.